Forefoot pain (pain in the ball of your forefoot) is a very common condition
- Do you have pain in your forefoot just behind the 2nd or 3rd toe?
- Do you have pain that radiates into the 3rd, 4th or 5th toes?
- Do you have forefoot pain the worsens during exercise?
- Do you feel like there is bruising or lumps under the pad of your forefoot?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, it is likely that you are experiencing one or several of the many conditions that cause forefoot pain. These condition are NOT difficult to treat.
Ready to resolve your forefoot pain?
Book online and select your appointment time
There are several conditions that can cause forefoot pain (in one or both feet); including plantar plate ligament tears, stress fracture of the metatarsals, bursitis, neuroma and many other conditions. The podiatrists at Complete Step in Mount Martha are highly experienced with assessing these conditions and providing cost-effective, evidence-based treatments to resolve the problem.
What will the Podiatrist at Complete Step do?
- take a thorough medical and exercise history from you
- examine your forefoot and surrounding anatomy to establish a diagnosis
- observe your walking or running gait and evaluate your footwear
- may prescribe x-rays, ultrasound or MRI imaging if absolutely necessary
What will happen one the cause has been diagnosed?
The podiatrist will:
- explain why you have developed forefoot pain (i.e. what are the risk factors affecting your feet)
- offer you the most effective treatment options (based on high quality research evidence and clinical expertise)
- explain the cost of each treatment option
- estimate how long it will take you to recover from your forefoot pain and return to full activities
What will happen if I just put up with the pain and see what happens?
Forefoot pain doesn't tend to resolve quickly or without treatment. When we walk, most of our our body weight is transferred through the forefoot, which prevents the problem from resolveing quickly. Treatment is therefore essential.
Book an appointment HERE with Complete Step to get professional treatment for your forefoot pain